Monday, June 7, 2010

Turkey Burgers

Alright so for dinner tonight I made turkey burgers with baked potato chips and corn on the cob
The turkey burgers I made tonight were actually a meatloaf recipe but I figured...
what is a burger but a small meatloaf?
So any way I made the turkey burgers by combining
1/4 cup of chicken broth
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 tbs hoisin sauce
3/4 cup of panko
and of course some salt and pepper
I then sauteed and onion with 8oz of chopped mushroom and 3 cloves of garlic
Finally I combined both the mixtures with 1 lb of ground turkey and divided it into 5 equal burgers
Trust me these burgers were huge!
you could probably make up to 6 burgers with this recipe
I also made a simple sauce for the burgers of
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tbs brown sugar
And I assembled the burgers on these delicious onion buns that I found at the grocery today
So as you can see I baked up some potato chips and I also cooked some corn on the cob
It was all very good and I think my dad enjoyed the turkey burgers even though he isn't a big fan of turkey
I think though I have proven him wrong on most of the reasons he doesn't like turkey
I think he is finally excepting my healthy cooking style lol

No comments:

Post a Comment