Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Portobello Sandwiches

So tonight I made Portobello sandwiches with mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus
To make the sandwiches I simply seasoned the mushrooms with olive oil salt and pepper then I grilled them until tender
to go on the sandwich I also roasted a red bell pepper


To roast the pepper I just set it on my stove top burner and charred it until it was completely black
I then placed it in a bowl and covered it with plastic wrap to let it steam
when I was finished with everything else I took the pepper out and wiped off the charred skin
I then sliced it and removed the seeds
To make the sandwiches I layered the portobello with provolone cheese, the roasted red pepper, lettuce and tomato
I had mine with Dijon mustard but you could certainly make some sort of herbed mayonnaise I'm sure that would be great

No comments:

Post a Comment