Saturday, June 19, 2010

Chicken & Asparagus Crepes

So today I had my first early morning of work so I decided on my way to work I would make a stop at the local donut shop and pick myself up a delicious donut for breakfast
Mmm Stan The Donut Man is the BEST!


Alright so for dinner I have been really wanting to try this french bistro dish I saw awhile back and tonight I finally did
I made Chicken and Asparagus Crepes with a Mushroom and Asiago Cream Sauce
I decided I wanted to try my hand at french cuisine
And I think I did pretty good
I started by making a simple crepe batter because that has to rest in the frig for at least 1 hour before use
To make it you simply add
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/3 cup water
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
to a blender or food processor
and blend for a few second until smooth
then cover and refrigerate
After that I got started grilling my chicken that I seasoned simply with salt, pepper and garlic powder
At this time I also got some water boiling to blanch the asparagus
I also began heating 1 cup of cream with a few cloves of minced garlic
Once the chicken finished cooking I set it aside and began sauteing 8 0z of sliced button mushrooms with 1 chopped onion
I deglazed the pan with white wine then let it reduce for a few minutes and then set that aside while I made my crepes
8 crepes later I began to make my sauce and assemble the crepes
To start I made a roux with butter and flower then added my hot cream and allowed it to come to a boil and thicken
I then added a good handful of asiago cheese and the mushroom and onion mixture
I allowed the sauce to cook and let the flavors come together while I quickly rolled my crepes with the chicken and blanched asparagus
And finally I plated the crepes and added a generous amount of sauce to finish
My parent both really liked it and I think my first french inspired meal was a success
But then again french food is never bad considering all the butter and cream it consists of

No comments:

Post a Comment