Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sweet Italian Sausage & Peppers

Tonight for dinner I made sweet Italian sausage sandwiches with peppers and onion and on the side some grilled green beans
I began by boiling my sausages and sauteing my peppers and onions
Once the sausages were cooked through I removed them from the water and set them aside to put on the grill toward the end
As the peppers and onions continued to cook I quickly blanched my green beans then put them in an ice bath
I finished the peppers and onions off with some fresh garlic and a splash of balsamic vinegar
I then finished both the green beans and sausages off on the grill
To serve I first put my bun in the microwave for a few seconds just to get it soft
I then slice my sausage and layer my bun with tomato sauce, peppers and onions, and finally the sausage
I also top mine off with some Romano cheese just for a little extra kick
This is one of my favorite meals its always good
I don't think there is a way to make this bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment