Thursday, June 3, 2010

Porterhouse Stakes

So like I said today my dad grilled some stakes for dinner
but these were not just regular old stakes these stakes were HUGE!
I mean this one was the smallest of the three so I think you can imagine
Alright so these stakes were porterhouse stakes so that means it basically a T-bone with the fillet still attached
I think my dad has a thing for these stakes because every time he sees them in the store its like he has to buy them, also i think his eyes are WAY bigger than his stomach or at least ours because he always gets 3 huge stakes and then me and my mom always end up sharing because it is to much
Not that I'm complaining
So to go with the stakes my dad also sliced up some squash, zucchini, peppers, onions, and potatoes and he put them all in a big foil pouch and he cooked it on the grill with the stakes
this is something he use to always do in the summer and it just makes me so excited because summer is finally here and I am done with school!
well I guess I do have one more year...
but we won't think about that for at least another 3 months

1 comment:

  1. Leftover steak is great for stir-fry or in a salad! Get 2 meals out of it

    ReplyDelete