Saturday, June 12, 2010

Banana Nut Bread


So today was pretty much and icky sticky rainy day and after taking the ACT at 8 a.m. I really didn't feel like doing much
But later this afternoon I decided to make some banana nut bread
See we bought a few to many bananas awhile back and we couldn't eat them fast enough so I just left 3 of them and let them ripen until basically black
That's when they are best to make banana bread
Alright so the recipe I use is one I found in a family cook book and the best thing about it is that it's super simple and DELICIOUS


To start out cream together 1 stick of butter with 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy


Then one at a time add your 2 eggs
make sure to mix well before adding the second egg

Now add half of the flower to the mixture
1 cup all purpose along with 1 tsp of baking soda and 1 tsp of salt
Mix well

Now take your 3 very ripe bananas and smash them all up in a separate bowl with 1 tsp of vanilla

Add the banana mixture and the remaining 1 cup of flower to the batter and fold it all together

The nuts are optional but if you like you can add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts either pecans or walnuts

Finally pour the mixture into a well greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for 40 minutes
the recipe says between 30-40 minutes but every time I have made this bread I have had to let it bake at least another 10 minutes if not 15
Once you have tested the bread with a toothpick to make sure it is fully cooked
remove it from the oven and allow it to cool 15 minutes or until it pulls away from the pan and you are able to easily turn it out
Now don't wait to long to try it this stuff is AMAZING right out of the oven
What is better than warm bread especially banana bread?
Well it looks like I know what I'm having for breakfast in the morning
YUM

1 comment:

  1. Yum, Yum! I just finished a piece as my evening snack. It truly is very good. Hot Chai went well with it too! Thanks Honey :)

    ReplyDelete