Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pot Roast

Today I started my day off early by getting my roast all prep and ready to stew in the crock pot until dinner
To do this I simply seasoned my roast liberally with salt and pepper
Then in a large pan over very high heat I seared the roast on both sides for about 5 minutes or until it was nice and brown and had developed a nice crust
I then set the roast in the crock pot while I deglazed the pan with about 1 cup of red wine and I prepared my vegetables
After deglazing my pan I poured that over the roast and I began chopping the veggies
I chopped 2 small onion into large chunks
3 carrots
3 stalks of celery
and
2 potatoes
I then added all that to the crock pot along with 3 cloves of garlic 2 bay leaves a few cups of chicken broth and just enough water to cover the roast
I allowed the roast to cook on high for 6 hours then I turned off the crock pot and let everyone have at it when they wanted
You see today was a busy day and we all had different schedules so this seemed like the best way to get everyone fed
So that's it just simple pot roast not to exciting but very tasty

No comments:

Post a Comment