Monday, January 4, 2010

Today was my first day back to school, so for a quick breakfast i made myself some apple cinnamon oatmeal. I created this one morning when i was cutting up an apple for lunch and i decided to put a few slices into my maple brown sugar oatmeal. Well it turns out if you slice the apples thin enough the 2 minutes in the microwave are enough to cook both the apples and the oatmeal to perfection! add an extra sprinkle of cinnamon and there you have it.

Tonight my mom wasn't home for dinner and that means the only chance i get to make any real fish that has more flavor than cod. So for me and my dad i made SALMON!

Along with the salmon i made a bulgur wheat and mushroom salad and some fresh corn that i froze earlier this summer.

This was a perfectly heart healthy meal for my dad and I was afraid he wouldn't like it becasue of that, but he liked it a lot and he is taking to my whole grain heart healthy way of cooking very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment