Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pizza Night!
I finally got to make my homemade totally from scratch pizza, i mean why get delivery when you can make it yourself at home? Its really very simple, i don't have a real recipe but this is how i do it.



I start off by browning the sausage, i use sweet italian, and sauteeing my onions and bell peppers.
Next i spread my pesto and tomato sauce on the dough. I make a whole wheat pizza dough that i found in one of my healthy eating magazines awhile back.
But if you like i have used the roll out pizza dough in a tube and that works just fine.


Then come the toppings!
Sometimes i also add pepperoni and or mushrooms if i really want a delux style pizza, but i didn't have any for tonight.

Finally i bake the pizza in a 400-425 degree oven for about 15 min, add the cheese the last 2 min and there you have it!

Served with a side salad this is a lovely dinner and i think my parents would agree, this one got another two thumbs up!
or would that be four?

No comments:

Post a Comment