Saturday, May 15, 2010

Tonight my family got together for dinner
and my aunt put me in charge of making a salad
So what I decided to do was make a simple romaine salad with some tomatoes and red onion then I made two different dressings for everyone to choose from
the first dressing I made is a orange balsamic vinaigrette
Here is the recipe:
1 tablespoon orange marmalade
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 small sprig rosemary, stripped and finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried, crushed
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Combine the marmalade, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar and fresh or dried rosemary using a fork or small whisk. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil into the dressing until combined. Season the dressing with salt, to taste.
Alright so the second dressing was a roasted garlic vinaigrette
and here is the recipe for that one
8 cloves garlic, roasted and peeled
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
Combine the garlic, vinegar, mustard, honey, lime juice and salt and pepper, to taste, in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil until emulsified.
Both of the dressing were really easy and very delicious and they make enough for multiple salads so I would encourage you to try them or any home made vinaigrette for that matter
Sometimes I just think its nice to know exactly what you are eating
I think that's why I'm such a freak about making things from scratch

No comments:

Post a Comment