Thursday, May 6, 2010

Broccoli Chicken Alfredo

Delivery meal night!
So when I got home today my mom let me know that I had a delivery meal tonight which I was SO not aware of. I had already planned to babysit my cousins from 5-6 and I was really in no mood to cook but my mom told me we didn't have to deliver it until around 8 so I decided to just take a nap until I had to babysit then once I got home I would figure something out.
Well on my way home I decided to make some kind of pasta, and I decided on pasta with some kind of cream sauce since I have done a lot of regular tomato sauces
So any way I made broccoli chicken Alfredo as you can see
I started by getting my water boiling while I made my bechamel sauce
First I heated 2 cups of cream with one cup of milk and about 2 tablespoons of garlic in a small sauce pan
Then in a large pan I melted 3 tablespoons of butter and an equal amount of four to make a roux. I added the hot cream to my roux and whisked it until it came up to a boil and it began to thicken, then I added about a cup of Romano cheese and seasoned with salt and pepper.
I let the sauce stand while I grilled 4 chicken breasts and began cooking my pasta.
With about 2 minutes left on the pasta I added a bag of frozen broccoli to the water and let it finish cooking with the pasta. I then drained the pasta and broccoli and added it to the sauce.
Lastly I sliced the chicken breasts and also added them to the pasta.
Oh and I almost forgot to mention that I also made garlic bread!
What is a good pasta dinner without garlic bread?
Well my parents both loved it and my mom was impressed that I came up with this on the fly even with the way I was feeling after school and all, but for me cooking is something I like to do when I'm in a bad mood it just gets my mind off things and it makes me feel productive and it really calms me down =]

No comments:

Post a Comment