Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chicken Tenders

Tonight for dinner I made baked chicken tenders
I also made baked french fries and BRUSSEL SPROUT! lol
The chicken tenders are breaded with believe it or not corn flakes
to make them I simply crushed up about 2 cups of corn flakes and seasoning them with 2 teaspoons of oregano and some salt and pepper
I them beat an egg with some milk and seasoned with salt and pepper
I dredged the chicken tenders in the egg wash then coated them with the corn flakes and laid them on a baking sheet with a wire rack
I cooked them at 400 for about 15 minutes
and I made some honey Dijon dipping sauce to go with them
They were really yummy and just as good as any fried chicken fingers
I made the fries by cutting them on my mandolin then soaking them in water to draw out some of the starch. I then tossed them with olive oil salt and pepper and baked them at 450 for about 30 minutes. Then when they came out I tossed them with a bit more salt and some granulated garlic!
And finally for the brussel sprouts I simply cooked down some bacon and an onion then tosses in my thawed pre frozen brussel spouts and browned them with the bacon and onion.
To finish I melted in a tab of butter and they were actually really good
I converted my mother...again
I also made an awesome cookie birthday card but I will put that on here tomorrow because its a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment