Monday, May 24, 2010

Pesto Chicken with Peppers & Onions

Tonight I got home kind of late and my parents were really hungry so I had to try and throw something together quick
So I started by sauteing some red onion with some butter and olive oil
I then added 1/2 cup of bulgur along with 1 cup of water and I let that cook while I got started on cooking my onions and peppers
Then I made a quick marinade for the chicken breasts of pesto, garlic, olive oil, and a little bit of balsamic vinegar
When The peppers an onions were almost done I added the chicken to the pan and layered the onions and peppers on top
After flipping the chicken I then covered the pan and let the chicken finish cooking
When It was all done I removed the chicken and added a bit of balsamic to the onions and peppers as well as the bulgur
I made this meal totally on the fly not knowing what the end result was going to be but I think it turned out really well

No comments:

Post a Comment