Sunday, May 16, 2010

Today my mom and I ran some errands in Beavercreek
So while we were at sam's club I decided to get a soft pretzel
and if you don't know or haven't had one before you are missing out on one of THE BEST soft pretzel ever!
They are so doughy and buttery and amazing and to make it even better you can get it with cinnamon and sugar!
Sorry you probably think I'm a freak because I'm so adamant about this pretzel but I love it


So for dinner I made another one of my pasta concoctions that I just kind of made up on a whim
To start I cut up 3 chicken breasts into bight sized pieces and I began to cook those in a large pan to get some good color on them.
Once they were browned I removed them from the pan and began cooking one chopped onion and some garlic. Once the onions were cooked down I added about a cup of white wine to the pan to deglaze.
I then added the chicken pieces back to the pan and at that point I got my pasta cooking
Once the chicken was cooked through and the pasta only had about 5 minutes left I chopped about 1/2 lb of asparagus and I added it the the pasta water to blanch
When the pasta was done I drained it and the asparagus and added it to my chicken and wine mixture.
I then added about 2 heaping cups of baby spinach leaves and let it wilt with the heat from the pasta
To finish the sauce I added about 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of parm
and finally some extra virgin olive oil
So that's about it sorry its not really and official recipe but I don't do well with recipes or instruction I just like to do my own thing and I rarely do the exact same thing twice lol

No comments:

Post a Comment