Monday, March 1, 2010

Quesadilla Burgers


Tonight I made one of my moms favorite meals, quesadilla burgers!

This is one of the first recipes I came up with on my own after having a few different types of Mexican style burgers and trying to tie them all together into my own thing.
In the burgers themselves I just put onion, bread crumbs, an egg to bind it all and some taco seasoning to spice them up. Sometimes I put chopped black beans in the burgers but we didn't have any for tonight.
When the burgers are all cooked I use a tortilla to wrap them instead of a bun.
I layer some salsa and sour cream in the tortilla along with the burger and cheese, then I wrap it all up and lay it on the flat top to seal the tortilla and melt the cheese.
The flat top makes the tortilla nice and crispy so it just makes the burgers that much better!
To go with the burgers I made some Mexican style rice and some chili corn.

2 comments:

  1. These sound really good, will be trying them.

    Any chance you might do a step by step with some of your recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i have been wanting to do that but most of the time i just get into a groove in the kitchen and i forget to take pictures along the way. I will probably start doing some step by step things once i have more time to focus on it.

    ReplyDelete