Monday, March 29, 2010

Citrus and Garlic Roasted Chicken


Today I made roasted citrus and garlic chicken!
I saw Giada De Laurentiis make this on the food network the other day and I thought it looked really good and pretty simple so I decided to try it.
I have never roasted a chicken before so I was pretty excited to see how it turned out
It was super delicious! I wasn't sure how much I was going to like all the lemon and orange on the chicken but it was great!
I also made a pan sauce from all the pan drippings which was very tasty on the white meat, which let me tell you did not need it because this chicken was SUPER moist!
I received the stamp of approval from both the parents
To go with the chicken I made some couscous with yellow squash, zucchini, and roasted red peppers.
I added a little lemon juice and oregano to help tie in the flavors of the chicken
This was also very popular amongst the parents =]
Like I said I used Giada De Laurentiis' recipe so if you would also like to try here is the link
It was super easy I encourage you to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment