Thursday, April 15, 2010

Taco Salad

So today was CRAZY hot so I really just felt like making something lite, so I made taco salad!
Alright so this is like the easiest recipe ever here it is if you would like to make it
you will need
1 head of lettuce, chopped
1 pound of ground beef (I used turkey)
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 can of kidney beans
3-4 scallions, chopped
Toppings
cheese
salsa
sour cream
Frito's
To make the salad simply brown your meat, then add the taco seasoning. Toss the seasoned meat with the chopped lettuce, scallions, and drained kidney beans. Then crunch up some Frito's and toss into the salad for an extra salty crunch.
Serve salad with the topping above and allow everyone to customize their own.
Something that would also be good in this salad would be avocado!
But my dad doesn't really like avocado so I didn't add it =/
Although I did trick him by using turkey instead of beef so maybe I will try the avocado next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment