Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oriental Chicken Salad

Tonight for dinner I made my dads Oriental Chicken Salad
my dad makes this a lot for family picnics and my Latin III class is having a picnic party tomorrow lol
we are all brings like real picnic food like hot dogs, potato salad, mac & cheese, PB and J, and some yummy desserts!
It should be a good time
but since its going to be cold and rainy we will probably have an indoor picnic
well anyway I made the salad tonight so we could have half for dinner and I will bring the other half for the party
It is a really simple recipe so here it is
You will need:
1 head of lettuce
3-4 chicken breasts
4 green onions
1 small package of sliced or slivered almonds
1 bag of Chinese cow mein noodles
1/8 cup of poppy seeds
To make the salad first boil the chicken breasts and once cool shred the chicken. Chop both the lettuce and green onions then toss together with the almonds, chicken and noodles.
(If you want the noodles to keep their crunch I suggest not tossing them with the salad but use them as a garnish when serving)
Also I normally put the poppy seeds in the dressing because I think they get distributed better that way
For the dressing you will need:
1/2 cup salad oil
4 tablespoons white or rice wine vinegar
4 tablespoons sugar
3 tsp. Accent
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
Simply mix all the ingredients together and toss with the salad
I think this is a very simple and delicious meal and I hope you try it, who knows maybe you can bring it to one of you next family picnics?

No comments:

Post a Comment