Sunday, April 11, 2010

Beef Stew

Ok so this is like my take on beef stew/stroganoff lol
The crock pot is like my best friend on the weekends or days when I don't feel like doing much
Basically this morning I got it started my searing my top round roast on SUPER high heat to lock in all the juices and to create a flavor base for the liquid. So once the meat was seared I removed it from my pan and placed it in the crock pot then deglazed the pan with about a cup of red wine.
Then I added a can of beef broth to the crock pot and the wine with all the delicious brown bits! and just about a cup or 2 of water just to cover the roast
I then added all kinds of things like onions, potatoes, carrots, and about 6 whole garlic cloves!
I also added a bay leaf, salt and pepper, and about a tablespoon or so of Worcestershire sauce
After about 6 hours on high I took the roast out to shred
I then added a bag of the no yolks egg noodles and about a half a bag of frozen peas
I only used half of the meat for this dish so I can use the rest of the meat for another dinner this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment