Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pork Chops

Alright so I realize that this may not look that appetizing
but it really was very good
I made pork chops in a white wine honey mustard sauce with peas and sweet potato fries.
To make the chops I seared them on both sides for a few minutes then removed them from the pan and deglazed it with white wine. Then I added a few tablespoons on Dijon mustard and brown mustard (the grainy kind) and about half that amount of honey. I then added the chops back to the pan, covered it and let cook on low for about 10-15 minutes. With about 5 minutes left I added a few handfuls of frozen peas to the pan and let them finish cooking with the chops.
Now to go with the chops I made sweet potato fries.
To make these I simply cut the sweet potatoes into strips then tossed them with salt olive oil and some of my families spice rub. I roasted the fries at about 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
My dad also reduced some balsamic vinegar to make a sweet dipping sauce for the fries.
It was all very good and I was very happy with the way the pork chops came out because I basically made the recipe up as I went lol
But doesn't that seem to be my favorite way to cook?

No comments:

Post a Comment