Monday, July 12, 2010

Spaghetti & Turkey Meatballs

Tonight I made spaghetti with turkey meatballs
To start off I made my regular marinara sauce that I always make and then while it simmered I got started making my meatballs
I used a recipe I got from Giada De Laurentiis for turkey meatballs and it worked very well
they were very moist and just as good as any other meatball
to make them combine
1 small onion (grated)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1 egg
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons of ketchup
1/2 cup of Parmesan
a few tablespoons of basil and oregano (however much you like)
and finally 1 pound of ground turkey
To cook them you can either bake them of simply fry them in a large pan with a little olive oil
I decided to fry them in a pan
So I used my small disher to make bite sized meatballs and I quickly seared them all off in the pan about 2 minutes per side
I then added my sauce to the pan and allowed them to simmer in the sauce for about 15 minutes
At that time I cooked my pasta and then when the meatballs were ready I simply served the sauce and meatballs over the pasta with a little extra Parmesan cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment