Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hoisin Glazed Pork Roast

Tonight for dinner I made a hoisin glazed pork roast with apples and red onions
as well as green beans and roasted potatoes

To cook the roast I simply seasoned the pork loin with salt and pepper and seared it in a cast iron pan on all sides
I then added some apple cider vinegar and soy sauce to the pan covered and placed it in a 325 oven for one hour
After about 45 minutes I uncovered the pan and glazed my roast with a simple mixture of hoisin sauce apple cider vinegar and soy sauce
I let the roast cook the rest of the time uncovered and I removed it when its internal temp reached 150 so it would carryover while it rested
So while the roast rested I got started chopping my apples and red onion
I then added it all to the pan drippings and added some extra hoisin sauce and a little bit of garlic
I cooked down the apples and onions until they were soft and the sauce was thickened
To serve I poured the sauce and the apples and onions over the roast and sliced individual servings for everyone
Now my dad doesn't really like the whole apples and pork thing but he really liked this so I think it was a success

No comments:

Post a Comment