Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sloppy Janes

So my sister is home and her first request for dinner was Sloppy Joes
So I made her some of my own homemade Sloppy Janes
which are sloppy joes just with ground turkey instead of beef
I would give you the recipe but to be honest I don't really have one
I have made these twice and both times I have just added everything to taste without measuring
But basically all I did was brown about 1 1/2 pounds of ground turkey along with one chopped onion and right at the end about 4 cloves of minced garlic
I then added 1 can of tomato sauce and that's where the measurements stop
After that I added a little soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chipotle ketchup (Just because we had it not a big deal if you don't but it added a nice heat) and of course lots of pepper because you know my family loves it
and just a splash of apple cider vinegar
That's about it not to complicated sorry its not an exact recipe but that's just not how I do things

No comments:

Post a Comment