Monday, July 5, 2010

Red White & Blueberry Cheesecake

So I said I would make a cool patriotic dessert for today and I didn't break my promise
I made a Red White and Blueberry cheesecake!

I made my crust by combining 6 graham crackers, 1/3 cup of almonds, and 1/4 cup of sugar in a food processor until it was finely ground
I then added 5 tablespoons of melted butter to the mixture and processed it until combined
I presses it into an 8in tart pan and let it chill in the frig while I made the filling


To make the filling I simply combined
2 8oz blocks of cream cheese
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla
I then filled my crust and let the cheesecake cook in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes
once it came out of the oven I let it cool then I refrigerated it for about and hour before serving it
And finally for the color
I simply made a topping by defrosting a bag of mixed berries and adding just a few teaspoons of sugar
So there you have it a perfect red white and blue dessert for your 4th of July holiday


No comments:

Post a Comment