Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sand Pudding

Tomorrow is officially our last party in summer school
So I decided to make one of my favorite desserts
Sand Pudding!
Sand pudding is really just a vanilla version of dirt pudding but I love it and it is so addictive
To make it all you need is three simple ingredients
1 large packet of vanilla pudding mix (plus milk)
1 tub of cool whip
1 box of nilla wafers
And to make it is just as simple
I start by mixing up the pudding and putting it in the frig
then while the pudding is setting up I use my food processor to grind up the whole box of nilla wafers into a powder much like sand
Then before the pudding is completely set up I add the cool whip to it and fold it in until thoroughly mixed
I then divide the "sand" in half and add half to the pudding mixture itself and preserve the other half for topping
Finally I let it set up in the frig and serve
This is such a simple and awesome dessert you just can't get enough of it
And with the way the "sand" topping acts like real sand by filling in all the spaces as the pudding is dipped out everyone always gets a little bit of the topping
Who ever invented this dessert was a genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment