Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hardy Tomato Bread Soup

Tonight, or rather today after school i made tomato basil bread soup! I saw it made on food network the other day on the show 5 ingredient fix, so i decided to try it.
It wasn't to difficult i just infused some olive oil with garlic and basil then added a 28oz can of crushed tomatoes to it and oven roasted some fresh vine-ripened tomatoes tossed with a little olive oil salt and pepper. While the tomatoes roasted for 20 min i simmered the crushed tomatoes. I then added the roasted tomatoes and all their lovely juices to the pot then i zapped it with my immersion blender! =]
At the end I tore up half a loaf of some day old sourdough bread and stirred it in, the bread just absorbs the soup and puffs up and makes the soup just that much better!

I told you yesterday i would show you my dessert i made for the birthday celebration, well i made DIRT PUDDING! for groundhog day...get it?



well here are the remains after we attacked it at lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment