Sunday, August 15, 2010

Tonight it was back to the chicken
My mom didn't want my dad eating anymore beef or pork because he had ate way to much steak the other night especially for his diabetes
So tonight I tried to make something a little liter but still super delicious So I made chicken breasts with a broccoli sauce and bulgur risotto
The chicken was simple enough to make I just seasoned the chicken breasts with some Cajun seasoning we bough from a market in South Carolina a few years ago
I then seared them in a pan with a little olive oil then removed them from the pan
Then I added 1/2 can of cream of broccoli as well as 1/2 a bag of frozen chopped broccoli
I then placed the chicken back in the pan and covered and allowed the chicken to finish cooking while I made my bulgur risotto
Also simple enough this risotto starts with one small red onion softened and about 3 cloves of minced garlic
then I toasted the bulgur and added chicken stock a few ladles at a time until the bulgur was cooked through and was nice a creamy
Finally I finished off the risotto with a little Parmesan and served along side the chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment