Tuesday, August 10, 2010

So today I actually got called off work so of course I made dinner for my parents and I
Well my dad wanted some pasta but all we had was a canned marinara sauce
So you know I had to spice it up a bit and make it my own

And to do so I started by sauteing one onion until soft about 10 minutes

I then added 3 cloves of minced garlic and let cook for about 2 more minutes

I added the jar of sauce to the onions and garlic and added some basil and a bit of red pepper flake because as you know my dad and I like things a little spicy

I also added about a cup of water and I allowed the sauce to simmer and develop it flavor for about 15-20 minutes

Lastly of course I cooked my pasta in a nice big pot of SALTED boiling water until al dente

and served with plenty of Parmesan cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment