Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Blackened Chicken

Yes tonight I actually got to cook for my parents
An actual meal too not just something out of a box
So what I made was a blackened chicken breast with green beans and baked sweet potato fries
Those were a request from my mother
Alright making this meal was fairly simple I just started by peeling and chopping my sweet potatoes and tossing them with olive oil salt pepper and a little bit of brown sugar
Then after getting those in the oven I started on my chicken and green beans
I got a pot of salted water boiling to cook the beans and heated my pan pretty high so I could sear then chicken and get that nice dark blackened crust
I seasoned the chicken breasts with some blackening spice and salt and pepper
Then got them cooking in my pan
Once the chicken was cooked through I removed them from the pan and tented them
I then sauteed my blanched green beans with some of the blackening spice and by the time they were done so was everything else
So to serve I just sliced up the breasts and served with some of the green beans and fries
Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment